Join SA Harvest and bp South Africa at Melrose Arch for the launch of a Million Meals Month July 15th, 2022
Join SA Harvest and bp South Africa at Melrose Arch for the launch of a Million Meals Month
You’re invited to join SA Harvest and bp South Africa at Melrose Arch on the eve of Mandela Day, Sunday, 17 July to find out more about how SA’s fastest-growing rescues food that would otherwise go to waste – saving the planet from harmful methane gases and delivering nutritious food to where it’s needed most. In just under three years, SA Harvest has delivered 25 million meals to food vulnerable communities across SA by rescuing 7,6 million kilograms of food.
SA Harvest will be launching a Million Meal Month campaign in collaboration with bp South Africa. The campaign aims to deliver one million meals between 18 July and 17 August, resulting in the saving of 19,500kg of methane gas in the quest for zero emissions by 2050 by diverting food that would have ended up in landfill into hungry tummies.
Snap a selfie, bring the kids to learn about food waste and the environment and make a donation towards SA Harvest’s mission to end hunger in South Africa. There are fantastic prizes up for grabs for making donations or signing up to SA Harvest’s #UnionAgainstHunger. It’s all happening on the Square at Melrose Arch from 12h00 to 15h00 on Sunday, 17 July.
What you can expect:
· Launch of the Million Meals Month for Mandela Day - make a donation and put yourself in line to win great prizes
· Selfie zone – drive our truck, snap a selfie and spread the word for a chance to win
· Chef demonstration
· Dancers from Dance 4 Purpose
· Kids play-and-learn corner – learn how to make an eco brick, colouring in, snap a selfie, food waste trivia quiz
· Nutrition inspiration
· Join the #UnionAgainstHunger – and win!
· Prizes up for grabs from Kindness Vegan, Orchid Bloom, Billy Now, UCOOK, Villa Simmone, Chocoloza, Harvest Moon and more
Keep an eye on SA Harvest’s Facebook page for all the updates to the day’s programme: www.facebook.com/events/1104128017062405
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR INTERVIEWS PLEASE CONTACT VANESSA NAUDE ON 083 271 6000 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT SA HARVEST
SA Harvest is taking a revolutionary approach to ending hunger by addressing the systemic causes and leveraging innovative technology, while simultaneously tackling the immediate need through the effective solution of rescuing nutritious food and delivering it where it’s needed most.